The CARES Act:
How it Helps Nonprofits
The CARES Act is a $2 trillion economic relief package containing provisions to help nonprofits that are strained as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We've highlighted a few key sections that directly relate to the needs of nonprofit organizations.*
- K&L Gates: Nonprofit FAQs for Paycheck Protection Act
- NC Center for Nonprofits: COVID-19 Resources and Summary of CARES Act Provisions for Nonprofits
- National Council of Nonprofits: COVID-19 Resources and Analysis of CARES Act
- Council on Foundations: COVID-19 Resources Hub, Analysis of CARES Act and Comprehensive Coronavirus Legislation Guide
* Information provided is general in nature. It is not intended to be, and should not be construed as, legal or tax advice. Foundation For The Carolinas does not provide legal or tax advice. Laws of a specific state or laws relevant to a particular situation may affect the applicability, accuracy or completeness of this situation.